Thursday, June 9, 2011

Still Life with a Nokia X2-00

There is a brand new love in my life right now. Photography. My growing fondness for it over the last three months, especially still life photography, has taken even me by surprise. To be honest, while it was unexpected, this lovely new development has only enriched and expanded my life in ways that I could never have imagined. I now seem to look at the world with new eyes. Objects take on a life of their own. Their shape, colour, texture speak to me. For the first time in my life, I am actually seeing things. I am in awareness when I look at the universe around me. Natural or man-made, all acts of creation appear imbued with meaning. Plain and simple, as you can see, I am inspired and rather smitten.

The serendipitous nature of this new discovery in my life of course needs sharing. And I am about to do just that. Let me also tell you that all the photographs below have been taken in natural light. No photoshop work or special-effects have been resorted to by yours truly. And oh yeah, the camera used is a 5 mega pixel Nokia X2-00 mobile phone camera.




Coffee and Apple Pie




Shawl on a basket
 


My workstation



Good Morning!



Apple before pie




Ummm..



Jamrul
 


Still Life


Fussilli & meat balls




Still Life I






By the way: All props and locations are entirely the property of yours truly. That applies to the above ten images as well.



1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures. Can't believe you shot all this with a mobile. Time to upgrade to an SLR perhaps?

    ReplyDelete